Friday 10 May 2013

(the wind) Shook me all nite long

Next hole is Dingos Den, its on the Nullarbor Roadhouse. The Diesel here is 191.6 p/l so we are very grateful that we filled up at Nundroo for 151.9 p/l!! We get approval from the servo guys to drive down the private road.

We have been warned about this hole from my Dad, who said that a crow sweeps in and takes your ball. He had it happen to him, we thought he just blamed the crow for his crappy game at that hole. (?) It happened to Nick... so sorry dad, if we sounded unbelieving then. Off he goes to get his next ball (remember we are on ball restrictions) and he hits again, into the rough, and takes 30+ minutes to find it again.  On the other hand, I was going quite well, until my ball is maybe 80m from the hole and it rolls down a rabbit hole.
I'm not going to play another ball (limited numbers and nick is still looking for his) so I call it hole in 6. Nick after his ball is found, hit a 15 on a par 5.

When we land back a the car, and we are all hot and bothered, covered in flies, a grumpy local woman shows up, who tells us in a very nasty manner" that we aren't meant to be on this road and cant we read? The sign says no entry- private road" 

Well I say, we just happened to get approval from the servo dudes and I can read very well thankyou for your concern.

 
 Everyone searched for my ball down the hole, to no avail.

We kept on and decided we had had enough driving, and I took a road off the highway that led us to this amazing, secluded, open spot that overlooked the Bundas...... cliffs. We shook all night long, and not because of AC/DC but the wind rocked and shook our little snail.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment